Friday, December 28, 2007

In Living Color - Floyd Page by Russ Warner


I don't recall ever seeing this gent before today. I found this image trolling through eBay, trying to find something cool for you. The image really struck me -- just so damn sexy! Floyd was the 1948 Pro Mr. America. He had a short competitive career from 1946 through 1950, but he continued to appear on magazine covers until 1960. He died young at the age of 38. My thanks goes out to Muscle Memory for this info.

(I'm giving this photo a tentative attribution to Russ Warner, as he has taken several other shots of Floyd and was a regular cover photographer for the Weiders at this time.)

2 comments:

el Shysh said...

Thanks for your blog. Good work. I've taken some images for a series of collages i'm doing. i hope you won't mind. I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

My mother and Floyd Page had a heavy affair from 1948 through early 1950. He definitely was not gay. A while after "Page" and my mother broke up, he married in California. A footnote: he was given the chance to try out for the role of "Samson" in the movie with Hedy Lamar.