Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sean Patrick and friends by Mel Roberts


One more by Mel...

Sean Patrick (seated with his leg stretched out) is probably Mel's most famous model, one of the great uber-twinks of the 60's! (Sorry, no ID on the other fellows.)

Mel's house was set over his garage -- the front door was to the right of the garage with a flight of stairs leading to the living room. The door had a glass window, so you could look up the stairway from the outside. The day I visited him, he had a nude portrait of Sean in a lightbox that was set right at the top of the stairway -- all I could think was, "What a jolt this must give the mailman!"

5 comments:

jonjim1952 said...

Yes, yes! I have had a boycrush on Sean Patrick since when I purchased some "old" mags back in the 80's ... before they became vintage.

Anonymous said...

One Mel Roberts twink I was madly in love with is the rarely seen Kip Jurgensen with his red hair. I've lost all my pics of this sweet guy.

Pitbullshark said...

I never ever tire of seeing the gorgeous Sean Patrick, one of the best ever. Your great story of the nude photo of Sean in the light box...to think that on so many occasions Mel had actually had the real, in-the-flesh nude Sean Patrick in that house, WOW!

Anonymous said...

I guess Kip Jurgensen was my favourite, though I have only seen 2 pics of him, which I have, and which were snipped out of mags of the time. I would like to see lots more of him, but unfortunately those pubs of mel's are beyond my budgetl;

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above. That beautiful red haired boy, Kip Jurgensen rates pretty high in the category of youth and perfection. To bad that so little was shown of him, and his doggie. He is stuck in my memory. I wonder how I would now feel had I seen him in person. He seemed as though he was lighted up from within in his photos. John of Vermont