Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Alphaville - Romeos

Alphaville is one of my favorite music groups, and this song is taken from their third album, "The Breathtaking Blue" -- an absolutely beautiful album that I've listened to constantly for the last 20 years. I was browsing through YouTube and stumbled over this video for the song "Romeos." Apparently all the songs on the album were turned into videos by directors from around the world -- this one is directed by Australian Ian Pringle and stars the then up-and-coming young actor Noah Taylor, who has quite an IMDB resume.

Marian Gold's voice really soars in this song. I hope you like it!

1 comment:

alan said...

Here's a link to the video for "Red Rose" -- the joyous finale to their second album, the Aquarian concept collection "Afternoons in Utopia." It is a different mix than the version on the album -- perhaps it was the 12" dance cut? Man, I love 80's Euro-pop! LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgqZ6sZuJlA