Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kris Catalogs 1 through 4





Sorry for the rough images, but these are so rare I thought them worth showcasing. Here are the first four mail-order catalogs published by Kris Studio of Chicago. The man behind the camera for Kris was Chuck Renslow, who would later found the annual International Mr. Leather contest and the Leather Archives and Museum. The lack of prices on the cover makes me 99.44% certain that these were available by mail-order only, probably advertised in the pages of Kris' newsstand magazine "Mars." The jumbo, 68-page "Kris 7" appears every now and then on eBay (I have one myself, and it cost me dearly), but this is the first time I have seen any of the earlier editions. The eBay dealer who recently offered these sold them as a set, with the final auction price reaching $403.00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!